Make una Hold ear Hear beta talk wey our beautiful fitness sweet 16 Mama @k8henshaw dey talk.
Living a sedentary lifestyle is a major risk factor for increased premature Morbidity and Mortality rates in Nigeria.
Get off your lazy butt and work out. Exercise. Move!!!!! Stay Healthy and don't forget to Smile and Make someone Smile.
@Regrann from @k8henshaw - Had loads of fun doing this interview for @bbcnewspidgin
Have a beautiful weekend my dears.. .
LIVE! LOVE!! LAUGH!!!
.................................................................................................................. Credit to from @bbcnewspidgin - Kate Henshaw @k8henshaw come show us her muscle 👍😁 #tgif#friday#bbcnewspidgin#lagos#nigeria - #Health#Pidgin#Pidginvideo#HealthTalk#Exercise
If I Can Do It...You Can Do It
DECIDE THAT YOU ARE GOING TO START TAKING CARE OF YOUR BODY➡️START TRAINING AT A GYM OR AT HOME ALONE OR PREFERABLY WITH A PERSONAL TRAINER/ONLINE TRAINING ➡️FIX YOUR DIET PREFERABLY WITH A DIETITIAN ➡️IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME🔥MAKE TIME🔥➡️WHEN YOU START SEEING RESULTS➡️YOU WILL LOVE YOURSELF FOR TAKING THAT DECISION➡️IN NO TIME IT WILL BECOME AN ADDICTION💪
Contact me if you decide its time to take action:
📲 +961 3 66 54 21
📨 [email protected]
Follow @jfitlb@jfitlb@jfitlb for moree
125 17136 days ago
Exercise IS Medicine 🍀 Friday Thought for the Day 🍀 This week, I'm talking about Exercise, both as a form of medicine and as something I believe as doctors, we should be better educated in to help our patients get the most from its benefits ✌I wrote a blog post about this a month or so ago - the link is in my bio for you - a follow up article is in writing! 👌👌👌But for now, here's my update: .
🍀In December, myself & my gal @aisling_far organised (with 2 amazing senior physio colleagues!) the FIRST Exercise Prescribing Education Session for Junior Doctors - And it was a big success ❤ So we decided to build on that with a SECOND Session this week - Which we held on Monday! .
🍀We took it on as a case-based workshop, talking through 3 typical patients we would see day to day on the wards and in clinic. We looked at the unique aspects of each patient, each medical co-morbidity like diabetes, lung disease, heart disease and cancer - And talked about how to prescribe exercise for each! 🤓 We got brilliant feedback, and I can't wait to use what I've learnt and will keep learning in my practice 🤗
🍀Guys, I think even just these two sessions to start is a massive step towards educating doctors on the role of lifestyle in health 🤗 And activity is just one part of lifestyle! I am so excited to build on this in my own patient care and also to use this start as a path to learn & teach us docs why we NEED to think about integrating lifestyle into our advice to patients ✌✌✌ Mike drop 👌 I've tagged some of my fellow #lifestylemedicine advocates here too! 🤗🤗🤗 Any questions about this post just comment or DM! Happy FRIYAY!
What is the best thing about Asian cuisine?⠀
Is it the perfect blend of flavours: sweet, spicy, salty?⠀
Is it that Asian’s generally create seasonal dishes?⠀
Is it the wonderful colours and textures of Asian food?⠀
Most likely it’s because of all these things plus it’s nutritious - win win.⠀
Join us for delicious, organic, seasonal, local, home-grown meals @desaseni⠀
FREE booking service with @ticktockpersonalconcierge | REDUCE YOUR STRESS right from the start.⠀
Wanderlust Wellness Retreats | Canggu Bali 2-8 June 2018 | more details here in our bio⠀
Paleo Fried Cauliflower Rice - Nasi Goreng
• 2 teaspoons coconut oil
• 8-10 peeled fresh prawns, diced into smaller chunks
• 2 chicken thigh fillets, diced into small pieces, excess fat removed
• ½ medium white onion, peeled and diced
• 2½ cups diced cauliflower (1/2 large head of cauliflower)
• 1 small carrot, peeled and diced
• 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely diced
• 2 tablespoons Sambal Oelek (less if you prefer less spicy)
• ½ tablespoon honey (replace with 3 tablespoons orange juice if following Whole30)
• 3 tablespoons coconut aminos or Tamari wheat-free soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon fish sauce
• ½ teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
• 2 eggs
• Fresh coriander for garnish
1. Prepare all ingredients, so you're ready to focus on stir frying everything quickly.
2. Heat a wok or a deep frying pan over high heat and melt one teaspoon of coconut oil. Add the prawns, seasoned with a little salt, and stir fry for one and a half minutes. Remove to a plate.
3. Add the chicken and stir fry over medium-high heat for five minutes, stirring frequently. Then remove to a plate with the prawns.
4. Add another teaspoon of coconut oil, keeping the heat on medium-high, and stir fry the onion for two minutes, until softened. Add the cauliflower, carrots, garlic, sambal, honey, Tamari and fish sauce and sesame oil. Stir through for about 30 seconds, and then add back the cooked prawns and chicken. Cook all together for two more minutes, stirring frequently.
5. In the meantime, heat a little coconut oil in another frying pan and fry two eggs until the whites are firm but the yolks are still soft. Serve stir-fry topped with fried eggs and some fresh coriander. #cleaneating#leaneating#healthyfood#weightloss#recipe#nutrition#cleanrecipe#eatcleangetlean#healthydiet#breakfast#lunch#dinner#meal#food#yum#fit#healthylifestyle#GetHealthy#HealthyLife#HealthTalk#EatClean#EatLocal#FitFood#GlutenFree#HealthyEating#HealthyRecipes
Loved connecting online with a new lifestyle group thanks to @vinit7 ; that have named their team Chi•ONE + WON
I made the mistake of attempting to 🤹♂️ juggle (terribly) to make the point that the program would be rendered useless without a clearly defined goal that was meaningful .... if there was no purpose then the crew would be simply watching me attempt to juggle out the front , which would be a waste of their time .... and we know time wasted , can never come back .... and yes that will be the last time I attempt to juggle via Facebook live 🍋🤭🤦🏽♂️🤷🏽♂️
1 258:40 AM Feb 19, 2018
4 388:38 AM Feb 19, 2018
Well... it’s been awhile! Time to get back to it again after a very busy start to the year with the businesses and Christmas break which now feels like ages ago! I’ve have put on just over 5kg which I was actually surprised about as I thought I’d have put more on but never the less it needs to go! I am trying to get back down to a healthy 75/80kg before July for our family holiday 😬 I’ll be “hopefully” posting daily updates and progress/stats shots every Sunday. I’ll be starting this week off with jogging every other day at the same distance as before which I believe was about 1.3 miles. I will add compound exercises the following week once I have gotten my body broken in. As for my diet I will be aiming to consume 1ltr of water per day and 3 healthy meals starting off the day with mixed fruit and multivitamins at 7am then a mixed chicken salad at 12pm moving on to pasta, tuna and broccoli at 6pm simple and easy to follow to help me keep on track at the start I will start mixing things up further down the line once I have gotten back into routine. Tonight I’ll be going for a run so will be interesting to see how that goes! 😅😆 —————————————————
Hours of prep are going into my Spring Cleaning 7 Day Online Health Seminar that begins this Thursday on Facebook. Tons of helpful information for you completely free! I am not getting paid in any way; I just want to help others live the safest and healthiest life they can. Search for the group "Spring Cleaning" and join me!
Warm Chicken Salad With Avocado
For the chicken
• 1 large chicken breast (free range), sliced
• 1 tablespoon mixed Moroccan spices (cumin, paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, oregano)
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the salad
• 1 avocado, sliced
• 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
• ½ red capsicum (bell pepper), sliced
• ¼ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
• handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
For the dressing
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• generous pinch of salt and pepper
• ½ teaspoon honey (optional)
1. Sprinkle the chicken slices with the spices and salt and rub in with your hands.
2. Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken slices and cook for 4-5minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove and rest for a few minutes before adding to the salad.
3. Prepare the salad ingredients and whisk together the salad dressing. Toss the salad (except for avocado) with the dressing and divide between two bowls. Top with a few slices of chicken each and sliced avocado.
1 266:41 AM Feb 19, 2018
Prawn Arrabbiata With Zucchini Spaghetti
• 2 large green zucchinis, spiralized into noodles or sliced into ribbons
• dollop of coconut oil
• 300 g / 0.6 lb raw king prawns (I used defrosted prawns from the freezer)
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 brown onion, finely diced
• ½ red sweet capsicum/bell pepper, finely diced
• ⅔ teaspoon salt
• ⅔ teaspoon chilli flakes or chilli pepper (less if you like it more mild)
• 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
• 1½ cup chopped tinned tomatoes/passata sauce
• ¼ cup of grated parmesan or aged cheddar (optional, nutritional flakes can be used if you avoid all dairy)
• freshly chopped parsley or basil for garnish (optional)
1. Using a vegetable spiralizer or a peeler, cut zucchini into noodle ribbons. You can simply slice it as well. Set aside.
2. Heat a dollop of coconut oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the prawns and pan fry for 2 minutes, stirring a few times. Remove to a bowl.
3. Turn the heat to medium and add the olive oil to the pan. Add the diced onion and peppers, and sauté for about 3 minutes, until lightly browned and softened.
4. Then add the salt, chilli and garlic and stir through. Pour in the the tomatoes and mix well. Cook for a couple of minutes over medium heat, stirring a few times. You can add a little splash of water if the tomatoes start to dry up.
5. Now add back the prawns and the zucchini noodles. Stir together for a minute or two, until well heated through and combined. The zucchini should soften slightly but not too much as it will start to give out juice and will turn soggy.
6. Serve in bowls with some grated cheese, if you like, or some fresh chopped herbs.
Günaydııınn,herkese mutlu haftalar👯👯👯
Zifiri karanlıkta uyandın,dısarda buz gıbı bir hava.Dizin,kalçan,dirseklerin,bileklerin gibi eklem ağrıların her gecen sene giderek artıyor değil mi?Oturuyorsun ham çökelek gibi tv karsısına,bır elınde çay bir elinde tatlı,yada masa başında çalışıyorsun sabahtan akşama,öğlen kebap söylüyorsun yada fast food gömüyorsun homidi gırtlak, sonra ay ne guzel fizigin var,ben senın yerınde olsam spora bile gitmem diyorsun.😒😒 Neyin kafası bu arkadaşım,ben böyle beslenmesem,spor yapmasam,hareket etmesem nasıl böyle olurum bir düşün bakalım🧐Alim olmaya gerek yok,sence ben alim miyim?🤓Hayır tabiki;sadece kendini seven,bu bedenin sadece bıze armagan oldugunun bilincinde olan bir anneyim.🙌🏽🙌🏽Anneyim dıyorum cunku bir cogunuz “ama ben cocuk doğurdum,kılolar ordan kalmaa napiiiimmm..”dıyor.Sığınma şöyle bahanelerin arkasına yahu,çocuğu doğurdun 5 yıl geçti hala fazla kilolarınla cebelleşiyorsun.Niye çünkü zayıflamayı; ya sadece diyet yada sadece spor sanıyorsun.İkisini bir arada yapmaz,iki eğil kalktan sonra bir bucuk kebap goturursen yada iki dilim krik krak,yarım avokado,kibrit kutusu kadar beyaz peynir ile gün geçirip,kolunu bile kaldırmassan(ki bu beslenmeyle yataktan kalkabılıyorsan şanslısın bacım😇)bir halta yaramaz yaptıgın.Her zaman diyorum,demeye devam edicem,bu işin %70 i beslenme %30 u hareket. Fizik tedavi uzmanları bas bas bağırıyor;eklem ağrılarından şikayet edenlerin sayısı giderek artıyor dıye.Ve bu ağrılar tedavi edilmediği surece kişinin yaşam kalitesini azaltıyor' diyorlar.Sağlıklı beslenme ve hareketi katmassan hayatına;ya depresyonla yada fazla kılolarla veya eriyen kasların,katur kıtır ses cıkaran kemıklerinle bir hayat yasayacaksın.Ağır mı oldu laflarım?Hayır işte,kendine gel ve gözünü aç diye söylüyorum.Yaşını kabullenemeyip oranı buranı yaptıran ama sıfır saglıklı bır ınsan mı olmak ıstıyorsun yoksa sağlıkla sıhhatle yaşının güzeli olup etrafa ışık saçmak mi?Sağlıklı beslenme ve sporun faydası ortada;gençleştırdığı ve zinde tuttuğu apaçık💪🏽👊🏽Aksi ispatlanana kadar buralardayım,dersede beklerim💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼 #evrenhoca
Always have a smile and especially when you help others to live in healthy and active lifestyle DM
1 445:21 AM Feb 19, 2018
💥 Being on prep or a diet doesn’t mean you have to eat the exact same thing everyday 💥
This is simple eggs and oatmeal with a completely different taste than how most people are custom to tasting it.
You depending on the amount of oats that you use your recipe may vary from mine.
Start with 9 eggs, 1/4 cup of oats, and a spoonful of cinnamon.
• separate 4 egg whites in one bowl.
•add 1/4 cup of oats, 1/4 cup of water, and a spoonful of cinnamon.
• mix together.
•cook on low temperature.
•and cover with a lid.
•use remaining eggs to make an omelette/scrambled eggs to your liking.
•finish off with Walden Farms pancake syrup if you don’t want to add and unnecessary calories to your diet.
Let me know what you think and tell me about any meal prep hacks that you may have in the comments. #mealprep#healthtips#healthybreakfast