Ready to Rok... .
After her breakthrough year racing as a professional Triathlete, Lucy Charles was the name on everyone’s lips as she won Ironman Lanzarote in style (with a new bike course record), she went on to win the Challenge Championship, and Challenge Lisbon and a 2nd at Ironman Frankfurt Euro Champs.. then putting her name firmly on the professional circuit with a second place at Ironman World Champs in Kona last October.
Now after her winter break, she back at her second home of Club La Santa to start the 2018 season along with her fiancé Reece. .
Shot on @canonespana, @sigmaphotospain, @profotoglobal, @innovafoto .
Best of 2017 - series 3
Wow, what a year 2017 was. Unfortunately it’s impossible to put my year into a #best9of2017 so I’ve created a few of them.
Thank you to all athletes, clients and friends who’ve all made ‘17 to be so memorable.
Part of the #livefast series. .
1. LEGS 11... Swimmer/model Rachel Grey on the Zone3 shoot at Club La Santa in November.
2. Two time Olympian Vicky Holland training on Lanzarote in prep the Commonwealth Games 2018.
3. Triathlete Victor González on yet another Zone3 product shoot set in November.
4. Pro Triathlete Anja Beranek, shoot for Skechers Performance shoes at Playitas Fuerteventura.
5. Very good friends and my triathlon coaches. I’ve photographed both Bella and Stephen Bayliss when they were at the top of their ‘long distance triathlon’ careers a culminating in no less than 20 titles between them - , but the last few years has seen them retire and take on full time coaching roles under the TriSutto umbrella. Both seen training together on the TriSutto tri camp on Lanzarote.
6. The Beckhams of triathlon, Reece Barclay and Lucy Charles.. partners in real life and training partners in business. I photographer them on training camp on Lanzarote in September, before they headed off to Kona for the Ironman World Champs in October. Lucy went on to place 2nd female overall in her first ever World Champs race as a pro athlete.
7. World Paratriathlete Champ Andy Lewis swim training at Sands Beach Active.
8. 220 Triathlon cover shot with Team ITZU’s Kenneth Vendendriessche.. this was my 12th cover shot of the year for the UK’S only triathlon magazine. More to come 😉
9. Pro triathlete Alice Hector at The new 50m Occidental Barcelo pool in Costa Teguise Lanzarote - with time for a few fun pics at the end of her swim session.
Shot on #CanonEspaña with #Sigmacanarias.